In the first controlled study of an iPad learning game, kids who played Motion Math: Fractions for 20 minutes for 5 days:
• Improved 15% on fractions test scores.
• Improved attitudes and confidence towards fractions an average of 10%.
For ages 5 and up, Motion Math helps learners estimate four forms of fractions: numerator over denominator (1/2), percents (50%), decimals (.5), and pie charts. Perceiving fractions quickly and accurately is needed for advanced math success.
• Fractions, Decimals, Percents
Common Core Standards
• 3.NF.2, 3.NF.3
• 4.NF.2, 4.NF.3a, 4.NF.3b, 4.NF.6
“Dynamic…you move your way toward a better understanding of numerical relationships, one bounce at a time.” Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award for Excellence in Design – 4.5 Stars
“Kids do better with fractions if they can develop a visceral understanding of them.” – The Wall Street Journal Tech Blog
“The execution is phenomenally entertaining and challenging…educationally stunning.” – iSource
• Master estimation of fractions, percents, decimals and pie charts
• Locate the many representations of fractions on a given number line
• Build automaticity in comparing fractions
Number sense is critical for all other math topics; fractions mastery is connected to multiple Common Core Standards in grades 3-5.
Key Product Features
• Intuitive, tilt gameplay
• Progress stars, sound and star effects, and exclamations (“Yes!” “Perfect!”) reward a player for solving problems
• Beginner, medium, and expert modes for different learners
• Game Center leaderboards and achievements offer additional challenges
• Hints and scaffolding help struggling players
GET IT NOW! Download on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, or get it on Google Play, the Amazon App Store, or the Windows Store.