This delightful game helps kids (ages 8 and up) master placing fractions on the number line, in four forms: numerator over denominator (1/2), percents (50%), decimals (.5), and pie charts. In the first controlled study of an iPad learning game, kids who played Motion Math: Fractions for 5 days:
• Improved 15% in test scores.
• Improved 10% in math attitudes.
• Fractions, Decimals, Percents
Common Core Standards
• 3.NF.2, 3.NF.3
• 4.NF.2, 4.NF.3a, 4.NF.3b, 4.NF.6
“Gold Medal” – Serious Play Awards
“Dynamic…you move your way toward a better understanding of numerical relationships, one bounce at a time.” Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award for Excellence in Design – 4.5 Stars
“Kids do better with fractions if they can develop a visceral understanding of them.” – The Wall Street Journal Tech Blog
“The execution is phenomenally entertaining and challenging…educationally stunning.” – iSource
• Master estimation of fractions, percents, decimals and pie charts
• Locate the many representations of fractions on a given number line
• Build automaticity in comparing fractions
Number sense is critical for all other math topics; fractions mastery is connected to multiple Common Core Standards in grades 3-5.
Key Product Features
• Intuitive, tilt gameplay
• Progress stars, sound and star effects, and exclamations (“Yes!” “Perfect!”) reward a player for solving problems
• Beginner, medium, and expert modes for different learners
• Game Center leaderboards and achievements offer additional challenges
• Hints and scaffolding help struggling players
GET IT NOW! Download on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, or get it on Google Play, the Amazon App Store, or the Windows Store.