In the first controlled study of an iPad learning game, kids who played Motion Math for 20 minutes for 5 days:
• Improved 15% on fractions test scores.
• Improved attitudes and confidence towards fractions an average of 10%.
For ages 5 and up, Motion Math helps learners estimate four forms of fractions: numerator over denominator (1/2), percents (50%), decimals (.5), and pie charts. Perceiving fractions quickly and accurately is needed for advanced math success.
Common Core Standards
• 3.NF.2., 3.NF.3.
• 4.NF.2., 4.NF.5., 4.NF.6., 4.NF.7.
“Dynamic…you move your way toward a better understanding of numerical relationships, one bounce at a time.” Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award for Excellence in Design – 4.5 Stars
“Kids do better with fractions if they can develop a visceral understanding of them.” – The Wall Street Journal Tech Blog
“The execution is phenomenally entertaining and challenging…educationally stunning.” – iSource
• Master estimation of fractions, percents, decimals and pie charts
• Locate the many representations of fractions on a given number line
• Build automaticity in comparing fractions
Number sense is critical for all other math topics; fractions mastery is connected to multiple Common Core Standards in grades 3-5.
Key Product Features
• Intuitive, tilt gameplay
• Progress stars, sound and star effects, and exclamations (“Yes!” “Perfect!”) reward a player for solving problems
• Beginner, medium, and expert modes for different learners
• Game Center leaderboards and achievements offer additional challenges
• Hints and scaffolding help struggling players
GET IT NOW! Download on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch!