Hiring: Lead Game Developer
Do you want to use your game development skills to help children learn? Motion Math creates delightful, award-winning games that help students master math and develop a positive relationship with intellectual challenge. Our 4-person engineering team is looking to hire a Lead Game Developer to head up cross-platform development of new games and expansion of existing titles.
- Lead architect of our Unity codebase. You’ll evolve and expand our library of education and game components that underlie our suite of mobile and web games in multiple genres.
- Lead Unity developer. We’re a small team, so your focus is implementation: adding new features and game mechanics to existing titles, bringing new game concepts from prototype to polished final product, iteratively refining student interactions to maximize learning and fun – and fixing bugs, of course!
- Mentor game engineers on a growing team. If you prefer not to be a manager, that’s fine, but we expect you to help others and set a great example for the entire team.
- Passion for helping children learn.
- Ability to work from our San Francisco office, located next to Montgomery BART.
- 10+ years working in the game industry, 3+ years working on the Unity platform. (Note: we may also be building games in HTML or other platforms, but the majority will be in Unity.)
- A portfolio of diverse, high-quality, cross-platform games.
- Ability to discuss the merits of common game patterns and reusable architecture.
- Experience creating modular classes and services for reuse across diverse titles.
- Comfort taking ownership of myriad responsibilities on a small, entrepreneurial, collaborative, Agile team.
- Scrummaster experience
- Mobile experience
- Passion for improving the production pipeline
- Experience optimizing for performance and memory footprint.
We offer competitive pay and benefits. More importantly, it’s fun and meaningful to work here. The team is close knit, collaborative and fast: we’ve added new modes to existing games and scouted new games in 2 weeks, ported full games in 4-6 weeks, and made entirely new games in 3-6 months. There is a great deal of mutual respect and culture of shared responsibility as we work to bring delightful learning to children. Qualified candidates should send a thoughtful email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about Motion Math
Our mission: help kids find delight in intellectual challenge. Founded by engineers and educators from Stanford’s Learning, Design, Technology program, we make games for the most challenging K-6 math concepts. Our award-winning titles have been downloaded over 5 million times and each has unique game mechanics involving exciting engineering and design challenges. The first efficacy study for a tablet educational app examined our fractions game and found the game improved test scores 15% and attitudes towards fractions by 10%. We get to analyze and improve our products in frequent user-tests around the Bay Area; we’re often greeted by cheers and applause when we walk into classrooms, and we’ve even signed autographs for our kid fans. Family, friends, and colleagues are proud of what we do and support us because of our mission.