Motion Math: Wings, a fun multiplication game (iPad, iPhone and iPod touch) features a bird who flies across islands, building a nest and winning colorful feathers while solving math problems. Most math worksheets or games only use numeric symbols (2 x 3 = 6). This fun math game shows six visual forms of multiplication: rows of dots, clusters of dots, “groups of” dots, a grid, a labelled grid and symbols (2 x 3). Ten challenging levels (for ages 4+) and bonuses to customize your bird make this a fun family game.
I simply love Wings because my 5 year old is learning multiplication already and actually understanding it. He can do this for 15 minutes a day for less than it would cost me for a tutor! – Education Mom
• Develop a conceptual understanding of multiplication
• Practice mental multiplying
• Improve estimation skills
Number sense is critical for all other math topics.
Fluid mental arithmetic is explicitly part of the Common Core Standard’s “Number and Operations in Base Ten” domain in grades 2 – 5.
Key Product Features
• Fast, engaging gameplay, stylish graphics, and fun music for maximum flying excitement
• Six visual representations of multiplication problems
• Customization – players win feathers and twigs to color the bird and build its nest
• Ten levels of difficulty, from estimation of dots for pre-schoolers all the way up to challenging levels for adults!