How Motion Math Will Benefit Your Students
Improved Mindset Towards Math
- Our designs differ from most: they are actually games rather than animated flashcards and multiple-choice worksheets! This leads to more delightful learning and student engagement.
- A published study by USC Professor Michelle Riconscente found that students attitudes towards fractions improved by 10% and student mastery improved 15% after playing our fractions game for 20 minutes a day over the course of five days.
Improved Conceptual Mastery
We design our games to help students gain a deep conceptual understanding and visual sense of the most challenging and fundamental K-6 math concepts:
- The number line, including decimals and negatives
- Addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication
- Fractions, decimals, percents, proportions
- Estimation and measurement
- Money and economics
- Our games span more than 400 levels covering key foundational concepts for grades K–6.
- Students and teachers can directly select difficulty levels to provide the proper challenge.
Analytics and Classroom Management
- Our dashboard allows teachers to see how students are progressing in concepts strands based on their performance in games.
- Teachers can also monitor student activity in real-time to gain visibility into which games students are playing at which difficulty levels.
Seamless Integration, Great Support
- Motion Math is easy to get started in classrooms and doesn’t require any special technical knowledge or setup.
- Students can easily find their level of challenge with intuitive gameplay, built-in tutorials, and scaffolded hints.
- Technical and instructional support with live chat and phone help during business hours.
An Instructional Tool Backed by Experts
- “A wonderful resource that shows students the visual and creative nature of math.” – Jo Boaler, Professor of Mathematics Education, Stanford Graduate School of Education, Motion Math advisor.
- “Great gameplay and great learning. Highly recommended.” – Dan Meyer, math teacher, Chief Academic Officer, Desmos
- Motion Math was founded at the Stanford Graduate School of Education.
- Our games have won numerous awards including the 2014 ON for Learning Award from Common Sense Media, an American Association of School Librarians’ Best App for Learning, 6 Parent’s Choice Awards, and 6 Children’s Technology Review Awards.
- We have been featured by top media outlets including ABC News, The New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal.
- We are backed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Noyce Foundation.