Hiring: Unity SDK Architect
Motion Math creates delightful award-winning games that help students master math. We’ve recently been awarded grants from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Noyce Foundation to create a platform that measures how games help students learn. Central to this effort is presenting elementary school teachers with relevant, clear formative data from math games. This data can tell us a lot about student mastery, and it can reduce the need for demotivating high-stakes tests.
Your mission: Design and implement an architecture for our game suite in Unity that will stand the test of time (5-10 years).
Here are some of the diverse projects you’ll lead:
- Create a flexible architecture for packaging apps. We have 9 games in the suite, we’ll be adding more, and we want to package them as a single app with 9 parts, also as 9 individual games, and potentially as bundled subsets.
- Ensure game ports work well on Chromebooks, iOS, and Android.
- Develop a Unity plugin so other learning game developers can leverage our mastery and efficacy platform.
- Evolve Motion Math’s development pipeline and infrastructure to support the creation of new and diverse titles in the suite.
- Integrate technologies/processes from your prior experience to improve our game development workflow.
- 10+ years working in the game industry, 3+ years working on the Unity platform.
- A portfolio of high-caliber games ported to more than one platform.
- Ability to articulate the infrastructure and critical technical trade-offs behind your portfolio.
- Extensive experience creating architectural modules shared across diverse titles.
- Experience implementing substantial improvements to the game-making pipeline.
- You’ve created a 2D game in Unity
- You’ve integrated a web view into a Unity app that you used to provide quick-updating information to customers
- You’ve worked on educational software
- You’ve spoken publicly about technical infrastructure.
We’ll want you to collaborate with us some of the time in our downtown San Francisco office, next to Montgomery BART. We offer competitive pay, equity, health insurance, a professional development budget, and the opportunity of a lifetime. Qualified candidates should send a thoughtful email, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about Motion Math
Our mission: help kids find delight in intellectual challenge. Founded by engineers and educators from Stanford’s Learning, Design, Technology program, we make games for the most challenging K-6 math concepts, and we’ve built an efficacy platform (supported by The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Noyce Foundation) to measure how games help students master math. Our award-winning titles have been downloaded over 4 million times and each has unique game mechanics involving exciting engineering and design challenges; the first efficacy study for a tablet educational app examined Motion Math: Fractions and found the game improved test scores 15% and attitudes towards fractions by 10%. We get to analyze and improve our products in frequent user-tests around the Bay Area; we’re often greeted by cheers and applause when we walk into classrooms, and we’ve even signed autographs for our kid fans. Family, friends, and colleagues are proud of what we do; they support us because of our mission. Come join us, and enjoy the satisfaction that comes with bringing delightful learning to children around the world.