Hiring: iOS Game Intern
Grow your iOS development skills while building the game suite that will transform learning and inspire kids around the world. If you want to work extremely hard, make learning more effective and more joyous, and are ready to have your best work experience ever, keep reading.
The internship is paid, full-time, and lasts a minimum of ten weeks. You’ll be working out of our San Francisco office directly with the co-founders and development team, creating mobile learning games from prototype to published app. Because we’re small team – 5 people – you’d be working on crucial parts of our learning games and game creation platform while learning much about iOS development, educational design, and the life of a startup. Some representative engineering tasks:
- Create particle effects that looks like jet particles flying off a bird’s flapping wings.
- Design and implement a GoogleDoc -> XML convertor to allow fast level editing.
- Refactor our Level Achievements and integrate with Apple’s Game Center.
- Design a flexible multiplication problem object to represent many different types of problems.
Gaming, math, education, mobile: it’s a fun mix with lots of challenging problems. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of a small startup team.
- Proven ability to design and program complex applications.
- Fluency in Objective-C. If you’re confident you can be fluent by the summer, please apply. There are awesome free iOS tutorials here and Cocos2D tutorials here.
- Insatiable curiosity about designs across all categories of the App Store and new Apple frameworks as they come out.
- Ability to quickly prototype and then return to the code to refactor, and build something very solid and modular.
- Demonstrable initiative, leadership, and communication skills.
- Experience with mobile gaming, Cocos2D, and/or education.
- Participation with the larger professional Apple/Cocoa/Mac community.
Qualified candidates should contact us at email@example.com
More about us:
Motion Math creates fun learning games that let kids play with numbers, the “gold standard for mobile learning games,” according to the President of Scholastic. Our first product, conceived at the Stanford School of Education, made fraction estimation fun and physical and won a Serious Play Gold Medal. A rigorous efficacy study (the first for an iPad educational app) found the game improved test scores 15% and attitudes towards fractions by 10% – watch a two-minute TV piece at bit.ly/abcmotionmath to learn more. Our four subsequent learning games have received rave reviews, promotion by Apple, #5 rankings in the Education category, and over 2,000,000 total downloads. We’re backed by a world-class group of angel investors, including Mitch Kapor, Dave McClure, and Mike Wood (the founder of LeapFrog), and we’ve been featured in TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Wired, WSJ, Forbes, PBS’s NewsHour, Time, and the NYT. Most importantly: kids, parents, and teachers love our products.