Hiring: Head of Customer Acquisition
We’re Motion Math, makers of the best math apps for kids, and we’re hiring a Head of Customer Acquisition. With our first five math games we’ve grown to 80,000 daily active users and have established a stellar reputation among kids, parents, and teachers who love our fusion of fun gameplay with rigorous, conceptual learning. The Head of Customer Acquisition will help raise our company to the next level of awesome.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Grow our user base with outreach to parents, educators, and media interested in quality learning experiences, utilizing existing channels, social media, PR, compelling content, promotions, and whatever works.
- Optimize our presence on the App Store, using experiments in keywords, descriptions, screenshots, ratings, and reviews.
- Deepen our relationship with our super-fans.
- Lead marketing associates and marketing interns.
- Passion for our mission: to help children find delight in intellectual challenge.
- Experience in aggressive, experimental customer acquisition. You know how to design, execute, and measure marketing campaigns that bring customers into contact with a brand and campaigns that deepen customer relationships.
- Superb writing skills. You’re articulate, charming, and crisp in both marketing copy and one-on-one emails.
- Comfort with an evolving, occasionally chaotic startup environment where you’ll have many responsibilities.
- Leadership and management experience, and the ambition to be a leader in mobile marketing.
- App Store or mobile experience.
- Experience marketing to parents and/or teachers.
- EdTech, education, teaching, or gaming experience.
- SEO, ASO, Adobe Creative Suite skills.
This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of our success as we transition from promising startup to leading digital learning company. The position offers competitive salary commensurate with experience, lots of equity, full benefits, a professional development budget, and huge growth potential, including the opportunity to become part of Motion Math’s management team. You’ll be working out of our downtown San Francisco office, one block from Montgomery BART. Qualified candidates should email CEO Jacob Klein at email@example.com.
More about Motion Math:
Motion Math creates fun learning games that let kids play with numbers, the “gold standard for mobile learning games,” according to the President of Scholastic. Our first product, conceived at the Stanford School of Education, made fraction estimation fun and physical and won a Serious Play Gold Medal. A rigorous efficacy study (the first for an iPad educational app) found the game improved test scores 15% and attitudes towards fractions by 10% – watch a two-minute TV piece at bit.ly/abcmotionmath to learn more. Our four subsequent learning games have received rave reviews, promotion by Apple, #5 rankings in the Education category, and over 2,000,000 total downloads. We’re backed by a world-class group of institutional and seed investors, including Mitch Kapor, Dave McClure, and Mike Wood (the founder of LeapFrog), and we’ve been featured in TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Wired, WSJ, Forbes, PBS’s NewsHour, Time, and the NYT. Most importantly: kids, parents, and teachers love our products.